Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Good play??

Reklass Posts: 11Subscriber
edited June 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Online poker stars playing for super low stakes but it's still the same concept regardless

MP2 (£5) raise 0.15
BTN me (9.00) A♣J♦call 0.15
SB fold
BB fold
Pot 0.37

Flop 4♠10♥10♦
MP2 bet 0.20
BTN call 0.20
Pot 0.77

Turn 4♠10♥10♦4♥
MP2 checks
BTN bets 0.50
MP2 calls 0.50
Pot 1.77
At this point i put him on a pair

River 4♠10♥10♦4♥8♥
MP2 bets 0.55
To me it looked like a block bet. He can't have a 4. You think he would carry on betting a 10 on the turn so I can't give him credit for a 10. He would barrel a flush draw on the turn so he shouldn't have that. I had him square on a pair. So even though i had some showdown with my Ace I thought that I had to turn it into a bluff. I can represent the full house and the flush so i re raised to 1.80 and he ended up folding. Just a nice little spot i found myself in.

Any feedback please?
Tagged:

Comments

• Really weird lines from both of you. Probably not because they're genius but you know.. for another reason ;)

1. why did u bet turn? I see no reason whatsoever to do so. You have SDV and you're not bluffing out better there.

2. his donk river bet is weird as f. I don't hate the river raise. It's fine. Even though you're repping very thinly his line has him very capped.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Agree turn bet is bad.

River raise is ok I guess. I still kinda prefer a call.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    Yep. Turn bet on double-paired board is pretty bad. You're never getting better to fold, and never getting worse to call.

I don't see villain folding 55-99 or an ace, so I'm not a fan of the river raise. I think you can call profitably, though.
  • Reklass Posts: 11Subscriber
    Thanks for the feedback guys. The turn was sort a an equity protection bet against kq, kq etc. But when he called he must of surely had a pair or something with an ace but the bet was to knock him off the pair or the chop.
    Reklass said:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. The turn was sort a an equity protection bet against kq, kq etc. But when he called he must of surely had a pair or something with an ace but the bet was to knock him off the pair or the chop.
    Yea don't do that. Betting for protection is almost never worth it, especially OTT. We also fold out worse Ax that we would like to not fold
    stayinschool said:
    Reklass said:
    Yea don't do that. Betting for protection is almost never worth it, especially OTT. We also fold out worse Ax that we would like to not fold
    That makes sense but what would be the play then if he was to bet say 2/3 on the river? Do you not think we now have a bit less info given the fact that the turn went check check?
    Also why would we not want to fold out worse aces if we are chopping?
    Reklass said:
    Also why would we not want to fold out worse aces if we are chopping?
    We are free rolling. I mean idk i haven't done the exact math but I assume we win a good sized bet on A rivers, although those are rare