Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

In the margins with ATo

akiflowers Posts: 7Subscriber
edited July 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
1/2 game, 300 cap. 125bb eff stacks. All players are new to me.

Pre-flop
Straddle 5 on the BTN, SB calls, UTG calls, MP raises to 20, Hero calls from CO with AsTc, BTN calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop QsJs8d
SB checks, UTG bets 35, MP calls, Hero calls, BTN calls, SB calls.

Turn Ks
SB checks, UTG checks, MP bets 105, Hero

Not sure about the pre-flop call. I thought MP might raise light v the straddler and callers.

I didn't feel like I was in a good spot at any point in this hand.

Tagged:

Comments

• MrSpecial Posts: 330Subscriber
    Against an unknown I would fold this pre. Suited I would call if I expect the others to overcall. You just too often get yourself in a spot where you get value owned if you flop TP with the A.
    As played raise turn. Definitely going broke here with the nut straight and a gutshot royal flush draw. Very likely that you are ahead and a lot of set and 2 pair combos to get value from.
  • BananaStandBananaStand Posts: 1,455Troll
    I think this is a fold on every street. Pre-flop, you're hand just isn't good and doesn't play well multi-way.

On the flop, despite the odds, you're drawing extremely thin

We saw MP just flat the flop donk from UTG, and then re-take initiative when the scariest card in the deck hit on the turn. There are still four other people in the hand, all of whom could already have a flush. Five people continued past the flop....do we really think none of them had a flush draw? I think it's really likely that you're drawing to 5 or 6 outs on the turn.

Tough to do in real life, but I think a fold is correct.
  • TaintBDTaintBD Posts: 244Subscriber
    I agree preflop was a fold -- but as played I think you have to fold to the Turn bet. $105 to win $380 is giving you 3.6:1, you only need to be good 21% of the time, but your equity against just remaining combos is just 14%. Even if you call and hit the , the remaining combos are all small and even a fish should realize that he is overflushed and will likely fold to the bet you need to make to make the Turn call profitable.
    by 1Bonezy
  • Bonezy Posts: 82Subscriber
    akiflowers said:

Pre-flop
    Straddle 5 on the BTN, SB calls, UTG calls, MP raises to 20, Hero calls from CO with AsTc, BTN calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop QsJs8d

Turn Ks

Not sure about the pre-flop call. I thought MP might raise light v the straddler and callers.

Genersally speaking at a new table, im just going to fold this hand pre. As played on the flop we have to realize we are getting reverse implied odds in the sense that we can make our hand and that it still wont be good because some of our outs are flush outs. With all these players calling I feel like someone has to have the flush here. It would be better to know how much mp has behind and how much the other players have behind also. Are we in a spot where we can make a crying call and still get c/r shipped on? Its a pretty bad spot to be in because like you said you didnt feel like you were good at any point in the hand. So just fold pre until we have a better read on the players in the hand.
  • PBJTIME Posts: 338Subscriber
    akiflowers said:

Pre-flop

Flop QsJs8d

Turn Ks

Pre-flop I'm either folding or 3-betting if I think MP is raising light. By calling, you're giving great odds for the limpers/straddler to call. I definitely don't like this hand 5 ways to the flop.

As played, I'm going with it on the turn.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    I agree with pre, 3 bet or fold.

I would just call turn, think it is reasonably likely someone has a flush and don't want to fold out hands that may call a river bet
  • Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    fold or 3bet pre, fold flop and fold turn (see how much a poor decision pre can cost you?)
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Rocketman74 said:
    fold or 3bet pre, fold flop and fold turn (see how much a poor decision pre can cost you?)
    I would call flop with a double GS and BDS but I don't hate folding, although I much prefer calling.

However, how can we fold turn? We have the nut straight with nut FD.

• Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    edited July 2016
    stayinschool said:

I would call flop with a double GS and BDS but I don't hate folding, although I much prefer calling.

However, how can we fold turn? We have the nut straight with nut FD.

it's a double gutter but one side is to a one-liner

I guess you could call the turn but five people saw the turn, we're not last to act and if the fourth spade pops we ain't getting paid. It's tough to give good advice in a situation that shouldn't have happened.