Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bovada 3/6 2 pair on bad river

stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
edited July 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Bovada 3/6 600 eff.

Hero opens QJo to 18, V calls in CO.

Flop (43) Qs Jd 5s. Hero bets 28 and V calls.

Turn (100) Ac, Hero bets 72, V calls.

River (245) 9s, Hero checks and V bets 233. Hero?

Pretty high up in our range. What do we think of river check. Thought that value was too thin and need some strong hands to c/c here.

We do not have Js
Tagged:

Comments

• FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,433Subscriber
    Zone, FR, SH, what position are you in? Who was in the blinds? What kind of player? What are his tendencies?

If it is zone... what are you beating. Every draw got there. I'd run the ranges in Stove (or whatever you use) and see the results. He has bluffs in his range but I am not sure they are more than the value.

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Reg 6 max table, in MP. 3rd hand at table
  • the_dude_abides Posts: 331Subscriber
    9 10 missed, everything else got there. Sizing is so large on the river that I might rule out sets and 2 pair value bets though. Also, with a flush, doesn't he want to bet smaller to get a call? I don't know. Tough one...I think I chicken out and fold even though I am suspicious. Just not that many hands he gets to the river with and then bluffs.
    The issue is our hero bet on 2 streets. He can easily have a set or 2 pair. So bet large his big hands like str8s and flushes. When hero checks he is basically saying I don't have the str8 or flush but I do have a hand.

ok so 3rd hand at the table. This is leaning on fold. Less likely someone is going to try and bluff an unknown.

Another note. Did he insta-call or take his time calling?
    Not sure what you played in Zone but 6 max is VERY different than full rings games.
    Time was normal, not snap, not tanks
    Zone is all 6 max
    Just off of experience I think his value range beats your range. Put it in Stove. KQ, T9 both miss here. There is no AQ, QQ, JJ because they SHOULD reraise. I'd also consider if the pool is a bunch of bad players or not. That makes a difference in their raising ranges.