Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2-5 100 BB Odd Stack Sizing Spot

Jstevens1118 Posts: 13Subscriber
edited July 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Hero straddles the button for 10, $800 effective, Villain in BB limp calls, $400 effective, 5 to flop. Hero has Qh3h, checks option. Flop is Qv 9s 5d. Checked around to hero, we bet $35, BB calls, everyone else folds. Turn 3c, villain checks, hero bets $80, villain min raises $160, leaving less than $200 behind. What do we do here? Villain is pretty straight forward player.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• JKH Posts: 831Subscriber
    edited July 2016
    Tough spot...your so shallow that stacking off is very tempting , but i think u are beat most of the time, and if the player plays straight forward and is never bluffing I think yes u can fold right there. The only thing we beat is 93 and a bluff. Smells like a slow played set or bigger 2 pair to me. Typically smaller 2 pair usually raise flop b/c they are scarred of a bad beat. If the player is solid and fit or fold straight forward I am thinking fold here cause we best nothing. This short I would prefer to be raised by a shove rather than a min raise.
    it is a hero fold
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    I think your flop and turn sizing are a little bit large. This is a dry board - it will be tough for anyone to have anything superstrong to call three streets with. I'm probably going $30 on the flop and $65 on the turn.

Villain's minraise is really strong on this dry board. On the flop, you indicate Qv. Did you mean Qc, making a backdoor club flush draw possible? If so, I think I can call the turn minraise in position, potentially against 9xcc and 5xcc (though those hands should probably fold to the flop bet). You're getting "turn pot odds" if we expect him to check the river a fair amount of the time. Folding isn't bad either, though. Whatever you do, don't raise/shove...
  • JKH Posts: 831Subscriber
    dpbuck said:
    I think your flop and turn sizing are a little bit large. This is a dry board - it will be tough for anyone to have anything superstrong to call three streets with. I'm probably going $30 on the flop and $65 on the turn.

Villain's minraise is really strong on this dry board. On the flop, you indicate Qv. Did you mean Qc, making a backdoor club flush draw possible? If so, I think I can call the turn minraise in position, potentially against 9xcc and 5xcc (though those hands should probably fold to the flop bet). You're getting "turn pot odds" if we expect him to check the river a fair amount of the time. Folding isn't bad either, though. Whatever you do, don't raise/shove...
    That's what I was thinking about calling and playing 5th street chicken is that that we are almost always gonna face a river bet b/c we are in position, so that's why I like hero fold best.
    I think if we where out of position then the case for 5 th street chicken is best or also stated I mean calling and potentially folding to a river bet.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    anyone who min raises turn with so little left just always has the nuts. im snap and I mean SNAP folding and laughing all the way to the bank

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Flop bet is ok, prefer it to be smaller tho. If we are not getting called by 9x and other worse pairs this bet is pretty bad. Checking back flop also fine.

I don't think we can fold AP price is very good and I don't think this is always nutted. Think this can be some combo draws a lot with just long Qx. VS a shove it is closer but vs this don't think we can fold