Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Holdem live at borgata

Edge Posts: 54Subscriber
edited July 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
9 handed live 2/5 Holdem at borgata late
Been at table for about 1 hour and folded most hands
Villain hasn't played many hands and limped hands he has played. Not an aggressive table.

Villain limps utg with $750
Mp1 limps
Button limps
SB completes
Hero in the BB with K♦10♥ $475 and check
Flop K♠10♦4♠
SB Checks
I bet $20
Villain calls
MP1 Calls
BTN Folds
SB Folds
I put villain and MP1 on hands like Ax spades. All JQ's
Turn 10♣
I bet $35 into $85
Villain calls
MP1 Folds
I still think villain has same range here.
River A♣
Here I check thinking if I lead the only hand in villains range that will call is Ax ♠. So I may lose value from that hand but if villain has JQ here then I don't think he will fold to a check raise
I check river and villain bets $80
Here is where my question is.
It I think villain will call me %100 of the time with JQ if I shove and I think he will fold anything else but hands that beat me is it correct to shove?
What about flop, turn and river action?
Tagged:

Comments

• BKismBKism Posts: 203SubscriberProfessional
    Pot $155 on R, I lead $75 looking to get value from the A . I believe that he will raise all QJ's and when he does shove. I think your play on all other streets was fine.

As played you might as well c/r shove. You only can get value from QJ, so go for it.
  • JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    edited July 2016
    If u are getting called by qj ... Shove shove shove , the hands that beat you are so rarely there like aa kk even ace ten all reraise your underbet on the turn at least 80% of the time. Plus ace ten is played maybe 50% of the time utg, and aa & kk are raised like 80% of the time preflop and raised on the flop 50% of the time.
    So with all those estimations I think u are rarely rarely beat so yes shove shove shove
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Depends on how aggressive games are but if there is a reasonable chance of people betting turn when you check I like checking turn. You have draws drawing dead so betting and having someone fold a FD is not great. If you do this just call turn and c/r rivers. If we are going to bet don't love this sizing, prefer bigger.

OTR I agree with betting like 2/3 pot and hoping QJ raises. If the game is super passive and people will not raise QJ I could see checking with plan to just check ship vs a bet. However see that as unlikely.