Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

My next poker grindfest

JamesSuh Posts: 320Subscriber
edited July 2016 in Low Content Forum
Hey guys,

I was in Vegas for about 10 days at the start of July. The games were decent but nothing special in my opinion. At the lower stakes (1/2 and 1/3) there were great games everywhere, but I felt you really had to table select and be super picky at any stakes 2/5 and above.

I have time off work in the last week of August. So, I ask you CLP, where should I go? My options are kind of limited. I am flying out of Bellingham, Washington through Allegiant Air and my only options to fly to are: Vegas, LA, San Diego, Palm Springs, San Francisco, and Phoenix.

I probably will end up going to LA (I've never been), I hear how great all the games are (compared to Vegas), but I'm interested to hear any other insight. Cheers CLP!
Tagged:

Comments

• JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    I would go see LA and stay at the Commerce and try to play on Live at the Bike its fun. Games are not easy there but they are beatable..... Beside that I would look at some tournament schedules and see when larger buy-in Tournaments are going on in a specific location, tournaments typically stir up action.
  • JamesSuh Posts: 320Subscriber
    If I go to LA, I'd definitely like to get onto the show!

How are the games at HG and the Hustler? I noticed that the only deeper buyin 2/5 games are The Bike and Hustler, true?
  • JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    edited July 2016
    I was there Last a year ago but yes I would say that's correct, the locals & prod on the site can give better more detailed info, But I personally found the 2-5 pretty grindy and the 5-10 at commerce is a good first step up, it plays smaller than other 5-10"s b/c no straddles are allowed. I would travel there to play 5-10 but b/c of the poor areas of town I found the 2-5 games where not amazing
    I personally would not travel back to LA to play 2-5 but I would go to play 5-10 and 10-20.
    I would also scout the Matrix in Northern California out as well.
  • squishmytomatosquishmytomato Posts: 352SubscriberProfessional
    edited July 2016
    5/5 at commerce was amazing. 5/5 at bike was so so. those are the only places I've played thus far.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    5/5 at Commerce is I believe $500max. But in the 1-2 times I've played it, the games were amazing. The deeper games at bike and hustler can be equally awesome when big tournies are running (ex: legends). Also, the games seem to be much more lively on days that live at the bike is on.

Whatever you do : do not go to Palm Springs in the summer months for poker. Games are hopping in the winter at Agua, but dead in summer.
  • JamesSuh Posts: 320Subscriber
    I think my choice has been made for me. Is it possible to "go north" at the Commerce game or are they on that stuff like hawks? I really prefer playing with deeper stacks.

I think Legends will be running when I head down so I'll likely split my time between the Bike and Commerce. That sound about right?