Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Call-ins No 99. Evaluating ranges with and vs draws

BartBart Posts: 5,723AdministratorLeadPro
This week Bart takes some calls dealing with semi-bluffing draws and ranges vs opponents' probable draws.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/evaluating-ranges-with-and-vs-draws
Tagged:

Comments

• JKH Posts: 824Subscriber
    edited September 2016
    @dansenger @bart..... @neo... Re: leak of the week.... I think in the last hand discussed there is a live tell Dan missed and here is my take on what it is.

Dan"s read on the kid with t 5 of clubs is that he is solid / knows what he is doing.... Then if he had a big hand I don't think he would make a noticeable big deal about is the betting re-opened, I think if he had a big hand and wanted your action he would inquire quietly and more discreatly not drawing a lot of attention. I think when he draws alot of attention to "is the betting reopened" to make sure u understand he wants to get it in is weakness, from a sophisticated thinking player.

That's my read anyway
    by 1Bart
  • MastaC707 Posts: 95Subscriber
    Hey Bart,

(And anyone that wants to answer)

Regarding the first call in hand where the guy got check raised on flop by set of 5's and he hit his straight flush on turn, pot almost 900 with 560 left behind. What are your thoughts on getting it in and called most often, do you think shoving for the whole 560 when you hit, or breaking it up over the turn and river would get called more often. By the villians range, obv the set of 5's is likely calling either way, but when you include top pair type of hands in the mix, do you think you can get called more often breaking up that 560 as opposed to shoving it?

Masta--
  • BartBart Posts: 5,723AdministratorLeadPro
    MastaC707 said:
    Hey Bart,

(And anyone that wants to answer)

Regarding the first call in hand where the guy got check raised on flop by set of 5's and he hit his straight flush on turn, pot almost 900 with 560 left behind. What are your thoughts on getting it in and called most often, do you think shoving for the whole 560 when you hit, or breaking it up over the turn and river would get called more often. By the villians range, obv the set of 5's is likely calling either way, but when you include top pair type of hands in the mix, do you think you can get called more often breaking up that 560 as opposed to shoving it?

Masta--
    I don't remember this hand off the top of my head but yeah..breaking up the bet smaller, especially if it give them a price to boat up can't be wrong. Did I advocate just shoving? I can't remember..Bart
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,092Subscriber
    edited September 2016
    JKH said:
    @dansenger @bart..... @neo... Re: leak of the week.... I think in the last hand discussed there is a live tell Dan missed and here is my take on what it is.

Dan"s read on the kid with t 5 of clubs is that he is solid / knows what he is doing.... Then if he had a big hand I don't think he would make a noticeable big deal about is the betting re-opened, I think if he had a big hand and wanted your action he would inquire quietly and more discreatly not drawing a lot of attention. I think when he draws alot of attention to "is the betting reopened" to make sure u understand he wants to get it in is weakness, from a sophisticated thinking player.

That's my read anyway
    I think maybe the kid is not as solid as Dan thought or maybe not "solid" AT ALL. :???:
    The call of fish's ship from up front with dry T high flush draw and a guy who flatted a flop raise behind is just fucking HORRIFIC IMO.
    The ship into protected pot is also horrible.
    Dan basically always has a monster in that spot (and he did)
    I think T5 kid is just an aggro spew monkey....