Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

WWBD - What Would Bart Do

Got myself in a silly one at the local live table. But I knew I was good on the turn, well at least slightly better than a flip.

2-100 spread limit, $300 buyin max

Middle Position: ($350) loose somewhat aggressive, 90% cbet rate, raising and calling with all suited connectors and pairs.
Cutoff - Hero ($375) Taggish, good image
Button ($190) - Station, calling every raise, will call down with all draws no matter the price (yes!)

MP raises $10, I call Ad Kc, didn't think I needed to isolate and I wanted him to play the hand. Button calls.

Flop 10h 9c 5h MP bets $18, I raise to $34, Button calls, MP calls. Pot is around $132 less rake.

Turn 4d, MP checks, I max bet $100, Button reraises with his last $46, MP folds, I call.

River brick, I win AKo. Button has Qh Jh.

I feel that on the flop I'm representing 10s or 9s. I am 100% folding to a reraise as I'm definitely behind. Turn, I'm shipping the max if MP checks and since I put the Button on a draw, which he was.

Standard play or way out of bounds?

thanks.

Comments

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Seems pretty unnecessary in a loose live game where u can get value so easily when u actually flop something. AK high is not doing that well against any sane person's range of getting it in. As it was he was a pretty big favorite on the flop and still about 50% ott with 21 outs.
    Also, how do u raise to $34 after a flop lead of $18?
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    chilidog said

Seems pretty unnecessary in a loose live game where u can get value so easily when u actually flop something. AK high is not doing that well against any sane person's range of getting it in. As it was he was a pretty big favorite on the flop and still about 50% ott with 21 outs.
    Also, how do u raise to $34 after a flop lead of $18?
    I agree 100% with Chilidog here.. You certainly should call the flop as your range is way ahead..but since the calling station is behind you why oh why would you raise when you know he isn't folding anything? Seems like a spew to me. I would rather value bet them to death in this kind of game. Its very profitable and very low variance..

Wendy
  • Tuco Cabrito said

Got myself in a silly one at the local live table. But I knew I was good on the turn, well at least slightly better than a flip.

2-100 spread limit, $300 buyin max

Middle Position: ($350) loose somewhat aggressive, 90% cbet rate, raising and calling with all suited connectors and pairs.
    Cutoff - Hero ($375) Taggish, good image
    Button ($190) - Station, calling every raise, will call down with all draws no matter the price (yes!)

MP raises $10, I call Ad Kc, didn't think I needed to isolate and I wanted him to play the hand. Button calls.

Flop 10h 9c 5h MP bets $18, I raise to $34, Button calls, MP calls. Pot is around $132 less rake.

Turn 4d, MP checks, I max bet $100, Button reraises with his last $46, MP folds, I call.

River brick, I win AKo. Button has Qh Jh.

I feel that on the flop I'm representing 10s or 9s. I am 100% folding to a reraise as I'm definitely behind. Turn, I'm shipping the max if MP checks and since I put the Button on a draw, which he was.

Standard play or way out of bounds?

thanks.

This seems like one of those spots where you won the pot but shouldn't be too results oriented. Not sure what the purpose of the raise was on the flop. Also, are you sure you raised to 34? The raise only serves to put you in the position of having to barrel off on the turn with what amounts to a bluff. I don't hate floating the flop here, but see no point in the raise.
  • I really am not a fan of the way you player this hand. When I am flatting with AK and the preflop raiser is betting into two opponents, especially if I am not closing the action, more often than not this is a fold. And I would definitely not barrel the turn if I was flatted in both spots on the flop.

Bart