Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Donk lead on Flop

zmoney11 Posts: 28Member
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5 Venetian

V1: UG 630 effective stack: definitely a station guy, but has opened pre twice in about an hour and a half. I haven't seen him do any c/r or lead flops. But I have seen him call flop and turn a few times.

V2: HJ: Older lady effective stack 120. She bought in 400 about 30 mins ago. She lost most of her stack when she flatted the button raise with j-5hh and took a bet-bet-bet line on a J-2-8-9-2 board. The turn gave her a back door flush draw as well. She bet 20 on flop, 50-turn and 80 on river. (called 15 pre) She lost money other places, but this was the main one.

Hero: Button: started with 500 and has 800 now in an hour and a half. I have a winning image, but I am a little aggro in position. I didn't raise for the last 5 hands, but did have a bet fold hand on a a-8-6 rainbow board with ak against a pro player. others don't know what i had.

UG limps, HJ limps Hero makes it 30 pre with kq-off no hearts. UG calls HJ calls

Flop Kh jh 2s Pot is 90: Ug Checks HJ ships for 90.

My question is what do you do? I know I can flat, but I don't want to give ug odds. But I don't want to raise too much and overplay my hand. What do you do if you raise to 200 and UG Min raises or ships. Or calls. Against this opponent I feel I know the right play, but what if you have a competent player behind you?

What I did: I raised to 200. Intending to raise fold. If UG ships. Well, UG min raised to me to 400. What do you do in this situation? I feel I know the best way to play this one, but my main question is with donk leads: A with a check or with a player behind or players. I know it all depends, but is it a raise fold most of the time?

Comments

• TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    Yeah, I think raise/folding is best here. Even with good players behind - pot is protected by AI player so they can't really bluff you in this spot.
  • JCW Posts: 591Subscriber
    TDF said

Yeah, I think raise/folding is best here. Even with good players behind - pot is protected by AI player so they can't really bluff you in this spot.
    +1

You could even flat since it really is a difficult spot for him to c/R you. By making it 200 you get a few more lay downs but I don't think much.