Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 call for a chop??

2-5 1100$ Effective

Vilain is a decent amateur. Play too loose pre but able to make semi bluff and big fold.

Straddle pot.
Everyone fold to hero
Hero is button and raise to 35 with 8s9s
BB call
Straddle (vilain) call

Flop (105$) 569r
BB and vilain check
Hero bet 60$
BB fold and vilain call

Turn (225$) 7 that bring back door flush draw
Vilain check
Hero bet 130$
Vilain ch raise to 300$
Hero call

I'm fairly confident that we both have the str8 with the 8 here. My plan was to call and shoving any heart that bring the flush or shove any card that pair the board if vilain check the river.

River (825$) Q that complete the flush
Vilain quickly move allin for 435$
Hero?

Is there possible to fold the river here?

Ty!

Comments

• pocketzeroes Posts: 174Subscriber
    Villain needs to have 8T or a flush more than half the time for this to be a fold. It’s close, but given read that villain is “too loose pre”, I expect so many of his 8x hands to be unsuited. And is he ever just going to check this river after check-raising turn? Many villains feel they need to auto-bet the next street 100% of the time when they check-raise. I probably call here.
    by 1brody
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,313Subscriber
    I think he very likely has T8 here. XR turn shove river for over $400 and he is a rec? I never see this as a naked 8 here or not the flush. If you have a history of him spewing off chips thinking Top top is the bomb then call. But I actually think it's a fold. You are chopping for 50% profit on the hand or losing a hell of a lot.

I do like your plan though. Ive done it myself.

I do think you put yourself in a pickle by the 1/2p bets. I call this being "outdumbed" by bad players who misinterpret your bet for weakness and then make a move potentially. But since their moves are rare anyways it is a tough decision.
    by 1brody
  • brody Posts: 10Subscriber
    edited February 2018
    Thanks guys,

Two answers that make sense but with a way different approach on how a rec/decent player is suppose to play a naked 8 on the river.

Is the pace that he went allin on the river change something? He did it pretty fast.

• justfourfun Posts: 178Subscriber
    Moving in fast with a Q that back doors would seem to indicate a bluff right? V straddled on his own? The table did not agree to straddle. I would elevate the possibility of a bluff by a V that independently straddles. So we are to think V calls your flop bet with a gutshot holding of 8 T? No, not likely 8 T. A 9 flush? No, TPTK check raises flop. A5 or A6 backdoors? Possibly. K high flush? Doesn’t k high flush think for a minute before moving all in? I would call
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,000SubscriberProfessional
    Is the 9 on the flop a heart? I'm much more worried about 8xhh than I am T8. I mean, would he peel with just a naked gutshot on the flop? A pair+gutter is much more likely, so I'd really only worry about 8xhh. I'm calling.