Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

3 bet or just call this river?

the_dude_abides Posts: 327Subscriber
edited February 18 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5 MGM Springfield. V is a bad rec. Guy in his 30s. Table very limp call happy in general. Great game.

~1k effective

4 limps to hero in SB who makes it 50 with 10 10 only V calls. He is In HJ. Two of the limpers were regularly limp calling this sizing which is why I went so large.

Flop (115) K K 10

Hero checks? V checks.

Betting small might be OK too?

Turn (115) 5
Hero 35 V call

Small sizing to get value from pocket pairs and maybe FDs.

River (185) 9
Hero 100. V tanks and raises to 500 with ~400 behind.

Call or jam?
Tagged:

Comments

• MrO Posts: 158Subscriber
    Jam!!! Are you scared of K9 or K5?? If you're not jamming might be too big of a game for you? No shots fired!! This is most Kx or flush
  • the_dude_abides Posts: 327Subscriber
    edited February 18
    Very comfortable at these stakes. Sizing seems very nuttish which is what gave me pause. Extremely polarized.
  • MrO Posts: 158Subscriber
    Yeah. Like I said not trying to talk shit. Sorry. 4x is big. Maybe K9 at most
    And I shouldn’t even say polarized...this is never a bluff from this guy. It’s just nuttiness. He is not doing this with Kx I think due to the flush coming in.
  • JLBJ Posts: 156Subscriber
    Jam. He could be doing this with value hands that you beat.
    edited February 18
    Spoiler:
    I jam, thinking this is sometimes a flush or 99/55 and sometimes K9/K10. V has K9 and I lose.

If he never makes this sizing with a flush, and he always has full house, there are 14 combos I lose to and 12 I beat. It sounds like you guys think a rec might make this sizing with a flush sometimes, though, so this should be a jam. I agreed in the moment, but afterwords, I question if he sizes so large with just a flush. I really don’t know, but feel OK about my jam.
  • hustlin Posts: 279Subscriber
    Jammm for value.
    Could be 55,99 , flush , Kx!!!

This is way too high in ur range to consider calling.
    Only like K9 and K5 beats u lol.
  • hustlin Posts: 279Subscriber
    If u think the guy can only be doing this with a full house. Than it’s a call. But it’s really hard to tell unless u know villains tendacies.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    edited February 19
    I don't mind flop check but no reason why trun is so low. We should be somewhat polarizing on turn here so I think we can get away with a bigger size

Also added BDFD might help us out here.

River is a raise with the FD coming in and how the line on flop and turn was played passively.

Would be fucking horrible if he had KT though.

Edit - saw spoiler. Ugh well I don't think anyone folds here maybe not everyone raises but still. Cooler man
    neverlearn2 said:
    I don't mind flop check but no reason why trun is so low. We should be somewhat polarizing on turn here so I think we can get away with a bigger size

Also added BDFD might help us out here.

River is a raise with the FD coming in and how the line on flop and turn was played passively.

Would be fucking horrible if he had KT though.

Edit - saw spoiler. Ugh well I don't think anyone folds here maybe not everyone raises but still. Cooler man
    Yeah agree on turn sizing. I have a lot of sizing leaks!

Maybe a bad post since it’s kind of read dependent, but just wasn’t sure what people’s experience told them about this sizing - does a bad, passive, Rec make this sizing with a flush in general? I don’t think Kx is possible.
  • rappcity15 Posts: 39Subscriber
    I think some players will think they have the nuts with QJ here just purley thinking you slowplayed AK after x/b/b line. Jam here happilly
  • BartBart Posts: 5,820AdministratorLeadPro
    Yes definitely jam as played. In order for villain to have kings full he has to not only hit is kicker but also check back the flop when checked too. He also has to play K9. What about him having 55 or 99? And also the flushes as well. Bart
    @Bart I don’t see this river raise sizing happening with Kx, so my only pause after the fact was “does he go 5x on the river with a flush?” If so, jam. If not, it’s a call. Based on you and everyone else, it sounds like the average V should have some flushes here, so I’m happy with my jam. He definitely has K9 as he was limp calling >50% of hands (even for huge sizings which is why I went 10x pre) and very passive overall. Maybe he even has K5 but not sure. But then he also has every nut flush too.