Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bottom set in multi-way pot

benlora Posts: 10Subscriber
€5/€5 9-handed. I cover the table with €1800. UTG+1 opens to €25, MP1 and Cutoff call, I call with 5d5c on the button, SB and villain (loose, sub-optimal, but tricky player) in BB call. Pot €150, 6 ways to the flop which comes 9h,8d,5s, giving me bottom set. Checked to me on the button and I bet €90. Villain in BB calls. Turn comes Jc, completing rainbow board. Villain checks, I bet €180. Villain calls. River comes Jd, pairing board. Villain leads for €140. I raise to €400. Villain studies board for 10 seconds and then goes all-in for €960. Hero decision?

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,917AdministratorLeadPro
    edited May 5
    SO he's going all in for 960 more right for a total of 1360?

SO river is 2450, 960 to call?

Im not sure if this is every an overplay or a bluff given the pot odds. This is where the theory and MDF fail because you shouldnt be folding enough to make a bluff profitable from your opponent... but as an adjustment to the live under bluffing of a bet 3 bet line on the river I would fold. Its not easy but I dont think you are good. Bart
  • alecspade Posts: 70Subscriber
    Agreed. Would he really be going nuts her with just a J? We lose to the two other flopped sets (definitely possible), lose to J 9 , maybe an occasional J 8. We beat all the incredibly horribly played straights but I can't see V calling with any straights then blasting off when the board pairs. The line you added about "studies the board" makes me feel like he was looking to make sure he really had what he had, wasn't beat by a bigger boat or something. This reminds me of those High Stakes Poker hands that Negreanu kept running into when he kept running into the nuts with strong hands and kept paying off knowing he was beat.
  • JS84 Posts: 31Subscriber
    The river lead sizing is confusing. Feels like a strange blocker bet or something. Pot is 690, and he leads for 1/5 pot? So the question is - is it a blocker bet or a trap to get you to raise?

Obviously, the river 3! feels like a boat (probably J9 or J8). I doubt this is something like JT - flop open-ended and get runner runner trips. But could this be a hand like T7 and he thinks he has a better straight than you?

Tough spot. I suppose there are a few button-clickers that I call here, but I'm not happy about it.
  • benlora Posts: 10Subscriber
    Bart said:
    SO he's going all in for 960 more right for a total of 1360?

SO river is 2450, 960 to call?

River is 2100. I have to call 540...

Im not sure if this is every an overplay or a bluff given the pot odds. This is where the theory and MDF fail because you shouldnt be folding enough to make a bluff profitable from your opponent... but as an adjustment to the live under bluffing of a bet 3 bet line on the river I would fold. Its not easy but I dont think you are good. Bart
  • benlora Posts: 10Subscriber
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I don’t think he’s capable of bluffing here or thinking that I might raise him with a straight. I think 55 is a fold and 88 probably has to be a call...
    by 1Bart