Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CLPLO No.5: Continuation Betting

BartBart Posts: 5,955AdministratorLeadPro
edited March 2014 in Crush Live PLO Videos
Don discusses how the concept of continuation betting differs in NLHE and PLO, when we should or shouldn't continuation bet, and how we should respond to continuation bets. Episode posts at 2PM ET.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/continuation-betting
Tagged:

Comments

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Watch this episode to see Bart in action in a plo game!

Don-
    Re J984ccc open. Yes, wow. That was bad.
    I don't remember opening that hand, which is strange cuz I normally have excellent hand recall and memory of poker hands I've played. Possibility of an error with the card sensor?
    But if I did actually open that hand here is some background info:
    - you noted that many of the players were inexperienced in plo (I had much more live plo experience than most in the game). Greg and Bart were really the only players I thought were strong.
    - I had been extremely extremely card dead that session finding very few good hands / spots to be active. So much so that owais commented on how nitty I was playing, which is not typical of my style. (Unfortunately / fortunately I doubled up twice within 45 mins of the cameras turning off - incl once in a $2k+ pot vs limon).
    - I probably thought the table would auto weight my range towards AAxx and high connected broadway hands, after being so "tight" up to that point. If I connected with the flop, my hand might be a bit more disguised.

But regardless , it's still a terrible hand , and nobody should ever be inflating a pot oop with it.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    chilidog said:

- I probably thought the table would auto weight my range towards AAxx and high connected broadway hands, after being so "tight" up to that point. If I connected with the flop, my hand might be a bit more disguised.
    that's why we do it with J987, 4567 instead :) but you already know that
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    Definitely agree with your self-assessment, Don: I'd like to hear more hands discussed per episode.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,955AdministratorLeadPro
    edited March 2014
    There is a reason why Don only discusses the amount that he does. He's doing exactly what I instructed him to do. We only have a finite amount of PLO videos. Unless the concepts are getting totally redundant, which I certainly think they are not, I'd rather have him produce more videos with less hands per video over the long term.

Bart