Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CLP Video No.148: Short handed and aggressive; how it relates to all levels and tournaments

BartBart Posts: 5,835AdministratorLeadPro
edited July 2014 in Crush Live Poker Videos
Today Bart takes a look at different spots from a 5-10 game and breaks down how those situations would differ at various blind levels and tournaments. Several short handed spots are featured.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/short-handed-and-aggressive-how-it-relates-to-all-levels-and-tournaments
Tagged:

Comments

• LVH Posts: 171Member
    Especially good episode. You're right, those weird all in spots happen pretty often in smaller games.
  • sleepyboy Posts: 127Subscriber
    Pretty good episode overall. The only think I want to say is that as a viewer I don't necessarily like seeing repeat hands from a previous episode (even if it was a while ago), but as long as its not the exact same analysis and you're focusing on different aspects then I don't mind.

Really looking forward to the Crush Live Tournament content!
  • wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
    edited July 2014
    I dont agree with not betting on the river with the 2nd nuts in that one hand with the king high straight just because there's a side pot. You know your 2nd nuts most likely beats the all in guy and I do think you can get called by worse like 2 pr since the villian make think youre trying to bluff repping an ace. In or out of position I bet the 2nd nuts here. I dont think a side pot makes a difference plus if you end up being beat by the all in player you can win an extra side pot from the guy not all in potentially.

In the hand where the guy bet out on the turn and Mark raised his fold makes no sense. He had a fd and a gutter - he was getting better than 3-1 to call Mark's raise - He didnt need implied odds. He had direct odds. Plus usually if someone in this spot raises the turn they have a very hard time folding the river to a smaller sized bet if you hit your draw, even if it is the obv flush draw if it comes in. I didn't really understand why Mark raised there unless he just knew if his opponent donks out on the flop to the pf raiser he must be on a draw.
  • Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 574Subscriber
    edited August 2014
    easy to say after seeing the cards but............On the first hand......Anybody else think it's good to consider turning tp with the As blocker into a bluff on the river to fold everything out ?...would harry fold for 1K more?