Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No.198: Poker night in america: hand reading

Craig Posts: 715Administrator
This month's CLP Video episode by David Chan covers hand reading analysis of new Poker Night in America footage. David reviews hands from an uncapped 25/50 NLHE 5k minimum buyin cash game.

Episode posts at 2PM ET.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/poker-night-in-america-hand-reading

Tagged:

Comments

• chequearoundcc Posts: 122Subscriber
    Great video. My friend and I watched it together and got into a big discussion about reverse implied odds on the first hand post flop by just trying to get into the thought process of Weidnan and deeb and giving each other our perspective of what we think about our equity/standing in the hand was if we were in that spot.

Usually with David's videos we pause the action as soon as he does then we discuss then listen to David discuss.

Thumbs up!
  • DavidChan Posts: 1,208Pro
    Thank you for the complimentary words. I definitely thought that the first hand where a couple people flopped draws in a multi-way pot was very interesting because it is a common scenario where people often mid-play draws.
  • chequearoundcc Posts: 122Subscriber

also noticed on the second hand, when the flop action gets paused on Richardson, Matt Affleck looks just like Ben Affleck. It cracked us up for a few minutes :cool:
  • FoldtoMyRaiseFoldtoMyRaise Posts: 312Subscriber
    edited June 2015
    David,

Great video. I really enjoyed your commentary and your thought process about the hands as they develop.
    Thanks. Glad that you really enjoyed the video.
  • PocketAceTrader782 Posts: 441Subscriber
    David, really enjoyed the live tells you mentioned during this video.
    Carmine
  • Lucky Leo Posts: 4Subscriber
    Were we supposed to be able to hear the table talk? I think that would have been helpful too if we could hear the actual dialogue between the players
  • chris_9090chris_9090 Posts: 101Subscriber
    edited July 2015
    Hello David,
    I want to ask you about 1st Hand Turn Play.I think its pretty important that we consider effective stack sizes.For the particular hand its probable that Russel has under one pot size bet given the straddled pot and flop action so i agree that he should probably just shove and get value from worse.whats our play if we are facing a same spot with 2 very good regs and deeper stacks ( SPRs 3 to 5 ) ...do we plan to b/f (not best option if the regs behind are capable of shoving combo draws , in my opinion) or c/c (to induce worse vbets but we lose a ton of equity share when the regs see a free card ...
    Any insight would be highly appreciated ...
    Lucky Leo said:
    Were we supposed to be able to hear the table talk? I think that would have been helpful too if we could hear the actual dialogue between the players
    Yeah, I am not sure why I couldn't get any higher volume for you to hear the table talk more quickly. In the CLP video, the table talk does sound somewhat muted. That is probably something that someone more technology savvy than myself could have figured out.

Sorry about that.

chris_gr90 said:
    Hello David,
    I want to ask you about 1st Hand Turn Play.I think its pretty important that we consider effective stack sizes.For the particular hand its probable that Russel has under one pot size bet given the straddled pot and flop action so i agree that he should probably just shove and get value from worse.whats our play if we are facing a same spot with 2 very good regs and deeper stacks ( SPRs 3 to 5 ) ...do we plan to b/f (not best option if the regs behind are capable of shoving combo draws , in my opinion) or c/c (to induce worse vbets but we lose a ton of equity share when the regs see a free card ...
    Any insight would be highly appreciated ...
    It is a tough spot if we had a very vulnerable 2pair hand with deep stacks behind against 2 strong regs. This is probably why over-calling 9-rag suited out of the blinds against a tough pro PFR and tough pro flatting the BTN is probably a big mistake.

In general, if you think that value betting 2 pair on this turn against great deep-stacked players is a mistake (too thin because for reasons that you stated), then we should focus on not getting ourselves into this spot in the first place. That usually means playing tighter in the blinds preflop when facing tough Villains already in the hand.