Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Raise fold river?

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,042Subscriber
    Fold preflop. What were your reasons for limping 62s there?

Otherwise, I think the hand is okay. Any reads on villain? Against a standard 2/5 player I'm not folding the river, as something like a flush could play the same way.

But again, fold pre.

• Edge Posts: 54Subscriber
    I limped in because it was going multiway to most flops with most players limping I thought it would be a good spot for implied odds if I hit the flop or made a strong hand.
    Villain had been playing pretty tight and hadn't shown down any hands. Older Asian man.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,042Subscriber
    Implied odds type hands are best played against strong ranges. You're looking to get paid off by AK on K62. You're going to have a hard time getting paid off by K8 in that example. Since everyone is limping and playing weak ranges, you don't have the implied odds you think you do.

Now, even if you're in the perfect scenario for implied odds hands, 62s is still not strong enough to be limping. The way I think about it: hands have three characteristics - suitedness, high-cardedness, and connectedness. To play any hand, it needs to have at least two of the three categories. 26s only has one of them going for it.