Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5: Quite Possibly Spewtastic Straddled Hand 300BB Deep

V1 $1000, V2 $1500, V3 $500, I cover.

My image is bad because my last straddle attempt failed miserably. But I'm not one to give up. I straddle and find Q 9

V1 at CO makes it $35, V2 button calls, V3 BB calls.

V1 is a grinderish dude picking on my straddle. V2 and V3 are fish, very stationy preflop and to a lesser extent postflop. I 3b to $100. V1 goes away, V2 and V3 call.

Flop: Q 7 3 Pot $337 BB checks...

1. Was 3b bad and why?
2. What do we do now and what's our plan for the hand?

Comments

• marseille Posts: 400Subscriber
    Squeezing from blinds/straddle vs these guys you need to size much bigger, 175-225

As played, bet small to get called by under pairs, Ax. If they were less call happy I might check but I don't see any reason to let up here.
  • maphacks Posts: 1,999Subscriber
    squeezing can be okay but I want FE. making it 100 has no FE and TBH I am shocked that the openraiser folded with two fish behind. I make it at least 175.
    calling and squeezing with larger sizing seems close in terms of EV.

AP, I would bet like 150, go broke against BB and bet/fold (you will never face a raise from v2 here IMO) against v2.

if v2 calls, I will check the turn a lot and probably fold a lot if he bets. I don't see a rec floating a ton here and KQ/AQ fits in his range pretty well.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Pre must be bigger if you are going to do it but why are we against stations? Just wait till we have it any value bet.
  • OnmybeatOnmybeat Posts: 10Subscriber
    As played I would raise to 150-175 like others said. Raising to 100 is asking everyone to call. The open raiser should realize if he calls the other two will also. I like calling here and trying to win a big pot since we are 200 and 300bb deep with two of them.