Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

AA vs crazy over shove

Acehole Posts: 99Subscriber
edited April 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5 eff stacks 1200 hero has this covered and knows the table of players pretty well especially main villain in the hand.

Villain is mid 50's gambler type, he can play tight and decent at times but is known by the entire room of making these wild polarized over shoves. He does them on any street and I'm pretty much 100% sure he has no idea how to read board textures, sometimes he flips over the nuts sometimes it's junk.

UTG raises 15...Hero MP looks down at A A and makes it 60...V in CO calls and UTG calls

Flop (182) 4 5 6
SB checks, hero leads out 155, V shoves for like 1100...SB obviously folds.

Hero?

I did fold but fact I don't have the A made this absolutely brutal.

Tagged:

Comments

• sxz18 Posts: 345Member
    Fold, I don't think it's a tough decision.

Your hand is no different than 99+ in this spot.
  • Acehole Posts: 99Subscriber
    edited April 2016
    Trust me you don't know how often he does this as a bluff it could be more than half the time he shoves. He always shows it when its a bluff and ive played a lot of weekends with him, well over 250 hrs and I'm certain he has shown more bluffs than value hands. I've picked him off with JJ+ on dry boards
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,239Member
    Acehole said:
    Trust me you don't know how often he does this as a bluff it could be more than half the time he shoves. He always shows it when its a bluff and ive played a lot of weekends with him, well over 250 hrs and I'm certain he has shown more bluffs than value hands. I've picked him off with JJ+ on dry boards
    So then call.
    Thread/
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Letmewin1 said:
    Acehole said:
    So then call.
    Thread/
    yea haha, I mean I know we usually don't have to worry about GTO in live and I doubt this guy is actively trying to exploit us but if he is bluffing at a reasonable frequency we have to call. I mean do we ever have a better hand here than AA no heart after 3 betting a UTG raiser? If we fold this we are folding 100% against a guy that has a reasonable bluff frequency so I don't think we can fold.
  • sxz18 Posts: 345Member
    edited April 2016
    Letmewin1 said:
    Acehole said:
    So then call.
    Thread/
    Sums up >50% of the threads here.

Hero takes action A and receives input to take action B. Hero defends it through detailed description of villain and their tendencies. So why post?

This is why I like to give general descriptions of villains as opposed to super specific reads. If you know villain like the back of your hand, what is there to discuss? You are basically asking for confirmation that you just got unlucky given your very specific read.
  • Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    So you've seen villain do this with nutty hands? What does he consider nutty? TT? JJ? I'm not sure this hand is thread worthy because it's too player specific. That said, given your (updated) description, it's a call.