Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Too thin on Turn AGAIN?????

TaintBDTaintBD Posts: 244Subscriber
edited June 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Folds to BTN
Makes it $10
SB folds
I'm in BB A♠J♣ I make it $40
He calls
I'm effective stack $475
($80)
A♥Q♣9♣
I check
He makes it $50 I call
($180)
J♦
I make it $175
He shoves for $300 ish more
WDYD
Spoiler:
[I called. He had QQ -- definitely did not have him on QQ. Was afraid of AK or AQ as possibly beating me. Trying to get value from AT, A9, QT, Q9, KQ, KJ, TT]
Tagged:

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,003Subscriber
    Why so large lead on the turn? Targeting specifically AK/AT?

Your check/call line on the flop is basically functioning as a bluff-catcher, so I think you need to keep bluffcatching. I'm still check/calling the turn and check/evaluating the river.

As played, I can only think of A K that you're ahead of that you beat right now. I guess maybe TT. Reads could change things, but you donk-potted the turn, and he shoved over the top. That's super-strong. This is probably a fold.
  • TaintBDTaintBD Posts: 244Subscriber
    Agree -- bet was too big. Should have bet $100 and could've folded to his shove. I was trying to get value from AK, KQ, AT, A9, QT, Q9, TT, KJ
  • 1. turn's a fold
    2. turn lead is not too thin but I also think a check/call would be better. river would still be an unpleasant fold.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Turn is too big, make shove stronger. AP i guess fold, idk hard to know this isn't like QJ or something but whatever. I'm ok with both options