Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CLP Crash Pad?

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
I work out of my home and very seriously considering just getting a place in vegas for the whole series so I can just move there and work and play more of the mix game events than I could this past year.

Is anyone else thinking of the same? maybe we can chat and figure something out .. Would be more social than just getting a single hotel room but I must have my own room and bathroom.. I am a girl you know.. he he..

ww

Comments

• workinghard Posts: 1,566Subscriber
    didnt you just sell a place you had in vegas?
  • pokertime Posts: 2,180Subscriber
    I'm considering going for at least a week this year so I might be good for a weeks rent if you need to fill in the gaps. I also need my own bathroom as I am a man and who wants that in their space! JK. I can share as log as everyone agrees not to be gross like @robfarha's old room mate.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    workinghard said:

I did.. the HOA became the condo nazis.. I am looking for a nice place closer and facing west so no morning sun. have my friend and real estate agent working on it now..
  • BartBart Posts: 5,835AdministratorLeadPro
    edited January 2017
    Thehammah said:
    workinghard said:

I did.. the HOA became the condo nazis.. I am looking for a nice place closer and facing west so no morning sun. have my friend and real estate agent working on it now..
    Are HOA fees entirely not tax deductible? Seems like HOA's have become the expense ratio of condo real estate investing.
  • squishmytomatosquishmytomato Posts: 351SubscriberProfessional
    im not sure how many weeks ill b out there but id love to rent a room for a couple weeks!
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,002Subscriber
    I'll probably only be out for 4 or 5 days towards the front, but I'd love to get in on this too...
  • PBJTIME Posts: 337Subscriber
    Thehammah said:

I am looking for a nice place .... facing west so no morning sun.
    Spoken like a true poker player. I love it. I request this and a room at the end of the hall for less traffic in hotels.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    I'm in for 5-6 days at some point depending on the tourney schedule
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    It could be Wendy's place that she sublets to rotating cast of CLPers.
  • RecreationalRogerRecreationalRoger Posts: 761Subscriber
    I'll have to pass due to my snoring :wink:

But seriously i have to get out there one of these years. I can't justify it this because of my job situauition ( we're all getting laid off at some point), but once i get set up with a new job, maybe 2018 i join in the fun!
    Bart said:
    Thehammah said:
    workinghard said:

Are HOA fees entirely not tax deductible? Seems like HOA's have become the expense ratio of condo real estate investing.
    HOA fees went into whether it was a profitable investment or not.. so yes they are tax deductible. Now in my Condo in LA I cant take HOA fees as itemized deductions
    WOW this is so tough.. either nice places are like 5k a month or they are dumps.. ugg... #stilllooking
    Well gang.. It just wasnt meant to be. There was only one 2 bedroom that I saw on air bnb that I think was worth it but man was it expensive. The other normal 2 bdrms apts required 3 months minimum..

So I ended up just getting a 1 bedroom at Palms Place...
    Thehammah said:
    Well gang.. It just wasnt meant to be. There was only one 2 bedroom that I saw on air bnb that I think was worth it but man was it expensive. The other normal 2 bdrms apts required 3 months minimum..

So I ended up just getting a 1 bedroom at Palms Place...
    I'll take the couch. $20 a night and I bring my own toilet paper.
  • workinghard Posts: 1,566Subscriber
    aren't there tunnels under the strip that you can stay in? just bring your own bedding. super cheap, friendly people to keep you company, semi-fresh air, and a short walk to the strip
  • rdh010rdh010 Posts: 35Subscriber
    How is the walk from Palms Place to the Rio? I assume it is feasible during to walk from Palms Place to Rio in the morning/afternoon, but not a great idea in the evening. Probably looking at a $5 Uber between the hours of 10p and early morning I assume?

I was surprised to see the WSOP room rates appear to be higher this year. June 2-11 at the Rio is $1,890 for 9 nights after tax+fees, which seems high to me. I would rather do Palms Place on AirBnBfor ~$1,250 after tax+fees. I did Gold Coast last year which was fine, although the rooms are basic at best. I didn't mind the walk at all. Gold Coast is $970 after tax+fees this year (WSOP promo is now up on their main page).

Leaning towards Palms Place, wondering how others have found the experience.
    RD

I have stayed at least 4 times at palms and palms place for wsop. Its the best for location by far!.. 5 min away from rio and much nicer than staying there . Palms place has kitchenettes and a little living room with a couch and table. all in a single studio. I of course being the princess I am wanted something a bit bigger so I got the 1 bedroom for a pretty penny. but I will have my washer and dryer and it will feel more like a real apt as I intend to stay the whole series there..

That said unless you want to be a bucket of sweat before you get to the rio you will have to uber it at least.. remember vegas will be over 100 and at times over 110 degrees during the summer..

I for one will ask you to please NOT walk and stink up the table ha ha ..
    It's like 2 parking lots away. Walk it in flip flops and a swim suit, get a tan then change when you get to rio. You can have everything you need in one of those drawstring gym bags. Multi task people!
  • crunchy Posts: 25Subscriber
    If you are going to uber then does it matter if you are just across the street or blocks away? I found a reasonable air bnb last year that was about a 10 minute drive away. Also if you want a gym the local community centers are pretty cheap. FWIR Desert Breeze was <$20/month. Usu. fairly under used. Mostly machines but some free weights. Enough that you could get in a good work out to keep from turning into a poker potato.
  • PinkyPinky Posts: 60Subscriber
    I just looked on air bnb and there seemed to be a lot of places for some reasonable rates. Agree with Crunchy, if you are going to Uber, is it really worth the additional cost to be a little closer?